Background

Friday, May 15, 2020

Dueling Darlings

Well the 15th of the month sure rolled around quickly this time.  I can't believe how time flies by.  It is so nice to see the warmer weather and all the beautiful flowers blooming. 

The 15th of the month means it is time for our Dueling Darlings challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.  Jeanette and Kelly were our hostesses this month and they came up with a fantastic challenge.  The theme was "Bargain Hunters" and boy did they come up with some neat items for the challenge.
The image that was selected from Jeanette's stash was Happy Flowers by Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I do love my flowers so I had so much fun coloring it with my copic markers.  The designer paper is from the Recollections Home Basics Paper Pad.  The Ribbons are from Amuse and the Baker's twine is from Target Dollar spot.  The Heart charm was a real bargain (75% off) at Hobby Lobby and she found the sequins at the thrift store.

Well I love a bargain also and had so much fun with my kit this month.  Thanks to Kelly and Jeanette for a great theme.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Tracie--this card just makes me smile. I love the papers you picked and the colors of the flowers are great.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your card is stunning - there's just so much to love about it! The way you added the charm with ribbon and twine first caught my eye - well, right after your amazing coloring of the image. I also really like how you cut out the sentiment. I've never ever thought to do that. Sheesh! I need to sit beside you (again!) and learn a lot more. ;)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

GORGEOUS! I love the way your image has been coloured, the scallops around the edge of your image and the way you cut your sentiment.

terry serman said...

So pretty! Love your coloring and use of the papers and embellishments!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done and fun to see all of the embellishments you were able to use on your card! Love that you were able to use the heart : )

MiamiKel said...

Such sweetness, Tracie! Love the softness and sweetness of your card and your flowers are colored to perfection! Gorgeous card for the duel!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow Tracie, what a great design! I really like the sentiment on the front corner. As always, your coloring is perfect!

Carol W said...

Tracie I love your card. It is a stunner Love the layout you chose and the colors and papers you used. Great job.

Judy McMullen said...

Tracie, your card is just a delight! Love the beautifully colored flowers paired with those colorful papers. A very happy card!!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...