Background

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Dueling Darlings




Today is reveal day for our Dueling Darling group on Splitcoaststampers.  Suzy and Debby were our hostesses this month.  They came up with the perfect challenge this month which was Texas Bluebonnets.  Who doesn't love a showing of those beautiful flowers across Texas?

                                           Texas blue bonnets under a stormy sky. Purple storm clouds rolling over a twilight field of Texas blue bonnets with a pole fence running through it royalty free stock image

For my card I used a bluebonnet image from Deadbeat Designs.  The Designer papers are from Paper Studio and the ribbon is Offray off white.  I colored the image with my copic markers that had been stamped with Color Box Pigment ink in Royal Blue. 
Thanks to Deb and Suzy for a great challenge this month.

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, I saw your gorgeous card in the SCS Gallery yesterday and loved seeing it again on your blog today. So pretty!

Suzy Sprague said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring really pops against the background!

Barb said...

So pretty. I love the picture you posted and I hope to see them in real life! Great Coloring!

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous card, Tracie! Your beautifully colored bluebonnet image is showcased so well with the oval diecut, the lovely dsp and the sweet ribbon bow!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is beautiful all coloured up. The cross-way DP is a cute idea. Thanks for including a photo of Bluebonnets as I've never seen them before, being in Canada.

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...