Background

Friday, February 22, 2019

Newton's Nook Here's to You

Did you know that I am a huge fan of Newton's Nook Designs?  Their stamps and stencils are just the cutest.

The have a challenge every two weeks called Inky Paws Challenge.  This week is a color challenge.
So for my card I pulled out their Argyle Stencil which I have been having so much fun with.
I stenciled the backgrounds first and stamped the image out and colored with my copic markers.  I then fussy cut the image out and pop dotted it on the oval.  The image is from "Newton Celebrates".  Just a simple card but I love how that background really makes the image pop.  I might never buy paper again.  OK just kidding.  I love my paper also.

Just a reminder about my prize package.  I am trying to increase the number of followers on my blog.  I have put together a fun prize package (some new and some gently used) which consists of 4 stamp sets.  (See below for picture of stamps I have included in the prize package).  If you would like to win this prize package, please comment on this post with what you would like to see more of in my blog posts.  Also, please follow me on my blog.  I will be drawing from all the posts on Sunday, February 24 and announcing the winner on my blog on Monday, February 25.  Thanks so much and good luck.


7 comments:

sue t. said...

Love your use of the challenge colors for the argyle stencil. And Newton toating with pink champagne.... so cute.... Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

I've never seen that stencil set before and you know how I love........... stencils!! Fun card Tracie!

Susan said...

Nice stencil, I thought it was paper, very cute.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your Argyle background looks fabulous! Cute card!

Bobbi Lemanski said...

How adorable. I like the combo of colors in the background using the stencil. It works perfectly for this challenge. Thank you for participating at the Inky Paws Challenge!

Indy's Designs said...

Love your argyle stenciled background. I, too, love the stamps and stencils from Newton's Nook! They are so fun to interchange and use! I just became a follower and hope to see more NND projects in your future posts! ;) So glad you joined Inky Paws Challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Darling card! Love the background!!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...