Background

Friday, February 15, 2019

Dueling Darlings

Today is the 15th and that means time for our Dueling Darlings Challenge.  Barb and I were the hostesses this month and we decided to go for a fun theme this month.  Did you know that February 20 is Love Your Pet Day.  Well Barb and I decided to go with that for our theme this month.

I decided to make this adorable card for my sister's birthday.  She is a crazy dog lover and I always try and make her a card.  The stamp set I used is called "Fetching Friendship" from Newton's Nook.  The Designer paper is from Authentique called "Companions".  I colored the dog image and then fussy cut it out.

I had to color another dog for the inside of the card.  Once I got started I couldn't stop coloring those adorable dogs.  So Happy Birthday to my sister and be sure and Love Your Pet on the 20th.  I'm sure my crazy 2 cats will get some lovin also.

11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your card is gorgeous - and I like the inside just as much as the card front! The theme you chose is a great one... in celebration of a great February holiday! I thought for sure we'd see a picture of your cat/s... but I guess not. Happy Birthday to your pet-loving sister!

Barb said...

I love your card Tracie--such a cute image and I am sure your sister will love it. Great Papers too! I am so happy to be your partner in our duels!

Donna said...

Tracie, what a fun kit your sent. I had a ball playing with everything. And your card is so awesome. I especially love the inside sentiment and the pup with the present on his nose. Wish I had thought about that. Just might have to borrow that idea as I have a few images left. Thanks for such a wonderful kit and fun theme!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tracie, girl after my own heart - love me some doggies! This duel just had me howling with excitment! Your card is just beautiful - inside and out! I love your coloring and such a fun theme - PAWSITIVELY awesome!

Carol W said...

Tracie what an awesome card. I love every thing about it. I love the layout on the front and the extra pooch on the inside. I am sure your sister will love getting this card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun duel and a great kit! I love seeing all of the cards- all different but so fun and perfect for Love your Pet Day. I love the fun Birthday card you made, your coloring is so pretty. I love the inside of your card as well- with the pup balancing the cup on his nose!

Suzy said...

Tracie....your card is adorable! I love the extra balls you used on the front of the card. Pulls it all together! The papers and goodies you sent looked like so much to play with!

Suzy said...

Tracie.....your card is adorable! I love he extra balls on the front of your card! The inside of your card looks great! Great kit to send out to your group.

Terry Ladwig said...

That is a great card Tracie! I love how you used the bone ribbon! This was such a cute kit to work with...thank you!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh my gosh....the layers! I love them!!! And the interior of the card, well you rocked this kit!

HeatherB said...

Cute! Love the inside too.

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...