Background

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Dueling Darlings

August 15th is reveal day for our Dueling Darlings Group on Splitcoaststampers.  Today is a special day because it is the 10th year anniversary for the conception of this challenge group.  

The Dueling Darlings are a group of friends from Splitcoaststampers and put together by Kelly Santi and Jeanette Cloyd.

 We duel with two groups called the Divas and the Dazzlers.  We have a monthly rotating hostess kit that goes out to make cards.  The 2 hostesses come up with a theme and send their kits to each of their participants.  Currently I am a Dazzler.

We have been celebrating all month with Kelly.  She has made it so fun with different games throughout the month.  


The kit I received from Kelly was full of embellishments which included ribbons, buttons, enamel dots (CC Designs), twine and sequins.  You will see I used a little bit of it all.  The image is from Cat's Pajamas called Forget About the Cake.  The designer papers are from Photoplay and Simple Stories.  You will see I made a cake for the background.

You will also see a ticket at the corner of my card.  Someone in the group has the winning ticket so we were asked to display our ticket.  

Thanks Kelly for making this month so much fun.  Below are links to all the other Dazzlers and Divas.  Be sure and check them out.


6 comments:

Barb said...

Outstanding! I love the you made a cake out of the fun papers! What a creative idea! Love the Colors! This card is a perfect celebration!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Tracie, your card is awesome! You baked a cake!!!! Well, created one out of DP. It is so creative and fun and totally impressive! Love your card!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Tracie, your card is the bomb! Love how you created the tiered cake with dsp, ribbon and the 10 candle! Your coloring is fabulous!! Great use of embellishments too! LOVE IT!!!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness your card is AWESOME!!!!! I love the creative cake you made with the designer paper and the wonderful layout of the card. Your coloring spot on.....Wonderful job with the kit!!!!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Tracie, you really rocked this! Love, love, LOVE the cake! So glad that you are a Darling!!

terry serman said...

Beautifully colored and so creative! Love the cake that you made!

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...