Background

Friday, February 28, 2020

Challenge Your Stash

Jen was our hostess this month for our Challenge Your Stash group on Splitcoaststampers.  She decided the challenge would be "Old School".  To me the challenge meant to dust off something that I had stashed away and hadn't used in a while. 

I have hung on to my gelatos because I love the technique of using them, so I thought this would be perfect for the challenge.
For my card I found a stencil that I liked and placed it over a white background piece of cardstock.  I then took several gelato markers and sponged over the stencil.  I then misted the whole piece of paper with water.  After that part dried I took a large text stamp and used my blue gelato to go over the whole stamp and placed it over the stenciled part.  I did not mist this part because I didn't want it to smudge.  I then added a few embellishments with the sentiment which is from a stamp set called "Birthday Girl" by The Project Bin.

Thanks for stopping by.  You can see some of the other creations HERE that our team came up with.  It is always fun to see how everyone else interprets the challenge.

No comments:

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...