Background

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Dueling Darlings

Today is reveal day for our Dueling Darlings group in Splitcoaststampers.  Tami and Terry were our hostesses this month.  The theme was around March 20 which is the International Day of Happiness.  They decided that coffee makes a lot of people happy so that is the theme.  I know it makes me happy every morning.

I was actually able to make 2 card with the kit that Terry sent me.  The background is Concord & 9th's Coffee Blend Turnabout Stamp using the following colors:  Dark chocolate, warm cocoa warm glow amalgam and chocolate truffle amalgram.

The embossed part of the card uses Stampin Up close to cocoa with the Sizzix Alterations embossing Folder.  The large cup is concord and 9th coffee blend dies.  The sentiments are from Hero Arts.
The second card uses the same stamp set but includes Tomato soup and Turquoise ink.



Thanks to Terry and Tami for a great challenge.


12 comments:

Barb said...

Awesome Cards! I love both of them--the colors are perfect. Great layouts too!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Ooh, ooh!!! How great are these two cards??!! Love the fronts and the insides! Both cards are wonderful.

MiamiKel said...

Such beautiful cards, Tracie - I love the difference in the two of them to give them both their own little place. They are both so elegant! Hugs!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card layouts- and your cards are amazing! we had a very fun kit to work with- fun stamps!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, both of your cards are lovely!

HeatherB said...

Love your card! The inside is great too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two very cute cards. I love them both. Such a fun kit to work with and it shows in your samples.

Suzy Sprague said...

Fantastic cards! Love them both! Great use of your kit!

terry serman said...

Love both of these! Great use of the kit!

terry serman said...

Love both of these...great use of the kit!

Terry Ladwig said...

I love, love, love both of your cards!!! Great use of the kit :-)

:: BlueInks :: said...

This is the amazing kit that keeps on giving! You created two really cute cards from it. I love the textures together and how you laid them out. The interiors are just as fun!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...