Background

Friday, July 15, 2022

Dueling Darlings

 The month of July is just flying by.  Can't believe today is the 15th already.  I am excited about today's challenge for our Dueling Darlings Group.  This month I was able to co-host with Carol and she came up with a terrific idea for our challenge.  We have all heard of Christmas in July so Carol and I thought we would put our own spin on it and celebrate Mrs. Claus.  Once we decided on our challenge, I looked through all my stamps and could not find one with Mrs. Claus on it.  So I started looking online and found this adorable stamp by Jaded Blossom Stamps.  They were kind enough to email me back and let me know that I could share this image with my group of 3 gals.  The stamp set is called Mrs. Claus Baking Company.

I printed off the image and colored it with my copic markers.  The papers are from Authentique called Rejoice.  I also added and red doily from Doodlebug, green ribbon from Offray and a few christmas sequins from my stash. 

As an added extra to our challenge, we asked our group to add their favorite Christmas recipe to the blog post.  My favorite recipe came from a co-worker 40 years ago.  I make these cookies every year for all my nieces and nephews.  Below is the recipe for Super Sugar Cookies.

                                              SUPER SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup softened Butter
1 Cup Oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
4 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla

Sift sugar into butter and oil.  Cream together.  Add eggs, vanilla and almond flavoring.  Mix well.  Add flour, salt, soda and cream of tartar, mix well.  Chill dough 1 hour.  Roll in small balls.  Dip in sugar.  Press down with glass jar dipped in sugar.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.  Enjoy.

Be sure and check on the other team member cards.

Barb

Carol

Darlene

Jeanette

Kelly 

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry



6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh My--what a sweet image you sent your team. I love how you added so many of the cute elements to your card. And, she is colored so well. Great theme Tracie--I had fun with it this month!

Carol W said...

Tracie I love your card. Seeing the elements on your card it looks like you sent your team a very cute kit. Great job on the challenge. I'm going to try your recipe as it sounds wonderful.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your card is adorable! I love the layers and the pretty red doily behind Mrs. Claus! Thanks for a fantastic duel!

Lorraine said...

Adorable card and thanks again for such a clever theme and super fun kit!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh, Tracie, what a sweet card! Plus your coloring of Mrs. Claus is stunning! You and Carol sure did a fun theme this month and I REALLY liked the kit you sent! Hugs!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Sweet card Tracie! When I looked at your sentiment I thought it said Mrs. Clary!! I still have some of that Authentic paper as it's a favorite! I wish they would make papers again!!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...