Background

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Challenge Your Stash

Well today is reveal day for our "Challenge Your Stash" group on Splitcoaststampers.  Barb was our hostess this month and she asked us to pick one of the Color Challenges from Splitcoaststampers.  I decided to go with CC486 which included the colors Calypso Coral, Olive Green and Daffodil Delight.
I first cut out the flowers and leaves which are from the MFT Stitched Blooms Die set.  I just love this set.  The stitching is so detailed on each die.  I then put 2 colors of distress oxide on my vinyl mat and sprayed them with water.  I then dipped each die cut in the mixture and let them dry.  I put a layer of Squeezed Lemonade Distress oxide in the center of the white front to give it a little color for the background.  I then layered the flowers on the card.  I added the sentiment die (Creative Expressions) and stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the card.  

I had cut 1/2" off the bottom of the front of my card and added a 3/4" piece of striped paper on the bottom inside of my card to give it a different look.

Thanks Barb for a great challenge this month.

2 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tracie, a delightful card! Love the colors - so summery and fresh!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, lovely colors on this awesome card!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...