Background

Friday, September 8, 2017

Crafters of Faith

Today I am showing you a card I made for a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  I am in a group called Crafters of Faith and each month someone selects a theme.  Judy selected the theme this month.  She selected Ephesians 2:8-10 for her inspiration.  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so no one can boast.  For we our God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do".  Judy wanted  us to create a card celebrating a birth or another great gift God has bestowed on us.


I decided to use grateful as my theme because I am forever grateful for every gift God bestows on me every day. 

I embossed the Stampin Up vintage leaf with god embossing powder on clear acetate.  I then used distress inks to show colors through the acetate.  I wish I would of had a stamp that wasn't so full so you could actually see the colors.  The grateful was a Technique Tuesday die I had and I used the gold embossing powder on it also.

Thanks Judy for a great challenge.

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, I love the rich texture on this beautiful card!

Judy McMullen said...

Tracie, your card is gorgeous! I love the gold embossed leaf and "grateful" word...so colorful!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...