Background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hot Pads


One of my co-workers brought me this hot pad to work and wanted to know if I could make her some more. Her aunt had made some for her 30 years ago as a wedding gift. People were very frugal back then and we decided that the insulation was long john scraps.
To make a hot pad now, you need something called Insul-Bright a Warm and Natural Batting. As you can see it looks very insulated.

This is my version of hotpads for my friend. She is a real dog lover so this is what I made her. They are 8 1/2 inch square. The loop is 1 1/2 inches x 5 inches folded in half and folded towards center again to make a strip like bias tape. I made all three in one night. They were very easy to make.

Tomorrow I am posting a picture of a gable box I decorated for a friend to put goodies in.

2 comments:

Imke said...

Tracie- your hotpants are fabulous and so colorful. She will LOVE them !!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful. You are so crafty. Great job and love that cute print.

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...