Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Challenge Your Stash

 My card today is for our Challenge Your Stash Group on Splitcoaststampers.  I love this group because everyone month someone will pick a challenge and you need to go through your Stash and see what you can use for the theme that month.

Barb was our  hostess this month and she decided that our challenge would be to include a bird in our project.  I thought oh that will be easy because I have so many bird stamps.  Well 4 hours later I had cleaned out my stamps and sorted through.  I now have many stamp sets ready to go to a garage sale.  



\In my stash I came across this adorable stamp set called "Flamingo Botanical"  that I have never used.  I stamped the image our and then colored it with my copic markers.  I then fussy cut the bird out.  The background was formed by making a mask with one of my oval dies and then used the Farmhouse Basket stencil from Whimsy Stamps.  I thought it made a nice background to the bird.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, this looks great! The stenciled background really makes the flamingo look fabulous.

Lee said...

Beautiful card.

c-mouse said...

What a neat layout to showcase that Flamingo....great card !

Carol W said...

What a fun card Tracie. Nice, stenciled background for the flamingo. I need to do more stenciling as it really looks nice.

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...