Background

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Crafters of Faith

I woke up to a beautiful morning today hearing the birds singing.  It is going to be in the 60's today.  I almost feel guilt going to a crop where we will be inside all day.

Today is reveal day for our Crafters of Faith group on Splitcoaststampers.  Sue is our hostess this month and she chose the following scripture for our challenge.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-8  For you are all sons of light and sons of day.  We are not of night nor of darkness;  so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.  For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night.  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

Sue challenged us to make a card that illustrates how you shine the light of Christ to others.   I love making cards with sunshine on them so I made the card below.
For my card I used the Stamp set "Spring Zen" from The Project Bin.  I stamped the cross in the center of a piece of 4.25 x 5.5 inch paper.  I colored the image using my copic markers.  I then placed the card in my Scan n cut and traced around the heart.  Before I cut the cross out and put the outside card base on the mat and cut out a cross.  I then used Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides in the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in the lower right side of card front.
For the inside of the card I used an oval die to cut the colored cross and yellow cardstock with a scalloped oval die  I stamped the Happy Easter at the top of the image.

Thanks to Sue for a great challenge. 

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, this is so pretty! Love the peek hole idea. Very creative!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fabulous idea on your card- so very pretty! Great and pretty coloring as well!

Barb said...

Tracie--your card is so pretty. I love the stencil and the oval is perfect!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

What a lovely Easter card Tracie!! I haven't started mine yet but been contemplating ideas!!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...