Background

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Crafters of Faith Challenge Group

Our hostess this month for our Crafters of Faith group is Faye.  She chose for her scripture this month Genesis 1:14-19.  (And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.  And it was so.  God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night.  He also made the stars.  God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night and to separate light from darkness.  And God saw that it was good.  And there was evening, and there was morning - the fourth day.")

Faye chose the sketch below for our challenge.


For my card I decided to use the stamp set from Stampin Up called Star of Light which has been one of my favorite stampin up sets.  
I started the card by stenciling the sun rays in the background using scattered straw distress ink.  I then cut out the snowflake using the matching die in the set.  I glued it to the middle of the sun rays.  I also stamped a few small star on the upper left and lower right side of the card.  I used a small piece of silver washi tape for the bottom of the card.

So I used for the challenge:
Favorite Color - Blue
Die - Snowflake
Washi tape - Silver at the bottom of the card
Any sentiment - Christmas Spirit from the stamp set.

Thanks Faye for a great challenge.


1 comment:

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...