Background

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Project Bin


ribbon-large

Did you know that April is Autism Awareness Month?

Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental disability; signs typically appear during early childhood and affect a person’s ability to communicate, and interact with others. ASD is defined by a certain set of behaviors and is a “spectrum condition” that affects individuals differently and to varying degrees. There is no known single cause of autism, but increased awareness and early diagnosis/intervention and access to appropriate services/supports lead to significantly improved outcomes. Some of the behaviors associated with autism include delayed learning of language; difficulty making eye contact or holding a conversation; difficulty with executive functioning, which relates to reasoning and planning; narrow, intense interests; poor motor skills’ and sensory sensitivities. Again, a person on the spectrum might follow many of these behaviors or just a few, or many others besides. The diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder is applied based on analysis of all behaviors and their severity.
For my card I decided to use the colors that are in the Autism Ribbon above.  I stamped the heart twice and cut apart one and left the other one as it was stamped.  I colored both with my copic markers and then used the heart die from the stamp set "In My Heart" to cut out the heart.  I stenciled the white background piece with yellow ink to give it a soft look.  

The Project Bin is offering a special this month for the stamp set "Spencer's Set".  You can purchase the stamp set for $5 or it is free with a $60 order.

Thanks for stopping by.  You will be seeing the stamp set being used several times this month.  Be sure and check back for more inspiration using this adorable stamp set.



1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, you know how dear this is to my heart - and therefore how very much I love your card! Gorgeous!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...