Background

Friday, April 28, 2023

Challenge Your Stash

 This month was my month to come up with a challenge for our Challenge Your Stash group on Splitcoaststampers.  I call this pre-birthday month so I wanted to have a "balloon" theme. I love making birthday cards and I have several balloon stencils that I decided needed to be used.

To make my card I used the Taylored Expressions Balloon Party Stencil and stamps.  I used my brushes and the following Distress Oxide colors (Salvaged Patina, Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber).  I also used the same colors on distress oxide to stamp the bottom of the balloons and the small stars throughout the card.  The sentiment was from Hero Arts Ribbon Messages Stamp and Cut set.  I used the Salvaged Patina and a blender pen to color the lettering.  I stamped the black ribbons on the balloons with my Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.

Such a fun card to make.  I love using stencils and not sure why I don't use them more often. 

I can't wait to see what the rest of the team came up with for this challenge.


3 comments:

Barb said...

This sure is a fun card! Love the colors and the stencil is sure fun!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love the stenciled balloons! Gorgeous card, Tracie!

Anja v K@@rten said...

What a great idea, it turned out to be a super fun and festive card
Creatieve groetjes, Anja

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...