Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Dueling Darlings

 I am so excited to post my card today for our Dueling Darlings challenge.  Jeanette is our hostess this month and came up with a challenge of "Women of Strength".  Jeanette sent an envelope just full of goodies.   As a little side challenge, we are honoring Kelly who is our fearless leader of this group and a definite woman of strength.  I met Kelly through Splitcoaststampers and she is just one of those people you instantly love.  She makes you feel that you are special and encourages you in every way.  Kelly has had alot of struggles in the years that I have known her.  Through all her struggles her faith remains important to her and shows what a true Christian is.  She is the worlds best grandma, mother and friend to all that she meets.  I have no idea where she finds the time but she is always posting fun videos on her You Tube channel called Kelly Santi Designs.  She also maintains a blog called Sandcastle Stamper that is just amazing.  

So my card today is honor of my dear friend Kelly who loves the color green, is a true friend and shares my passion of coffee.  


I colored the images with the color green in mind with my copic markers.  For my card I used Hello Bluebird "Frosty Mornings" stamped image.  The sentiment on the outside of the card is Simon Says/Pink Fresh "Next Level Amazing".  The sentiment inside the card is from Great Impressions called "Only as strong".  

You will see other items on my card that I used:
Designer Paper - Moxxie Coffee Addict, Paper Studio Cozy Little Christmas, Recollections Stocking Stuffer Paper Pad
Ribbons - Ribbon Boutique
Embellishments - Paper Studio Glitter Enamel Dots and Wooden Coffee Cup, Taylored Expressions Gold Drip Drops , button, corner photo tab and a few sequins.  

Be sure and check out what the rest of the teams have posted today.

Barb

Carol

Darlene

Jeanette

Kelly 

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry

So here's to you Kelly.  Thanks for always being a ray of sunshine.


5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love your card!

I also love the nice words about Kelly - she is an amazing woman!

Carol W said...

Oh wow. Love your card, the layout and your coloring skills are amazing. Great job with this kit.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, I absolutely love your card. Such awesome coloring (of course) and a great design, too. Thanks for dueling!

BTW, I apologize for my tardiness in commenting. I thought I'd already done so but must have done something wrong in my earlier attempt.

MiamiKel said...

Tracie! OH MY! Sweet friend this is such a beautiful card! I love all the details and how creatively it's designed with your lovely coloring and placement of the papers! And your sweet words, oh my goodness, I'm just bursting with warm fuzzies on how kind you are! You are such a bright spot in my (crazy busy!) life and I'm so grateful for your friendship! Love you!

Barb said...

Tracie--this card is so cute and is a perfect card to showcase our friend Kelly. Love the coffee cup!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...