Background

Friday, January 28, 2022

Challenge Your Stash

 I'm really not sure how the 28th rolled around so quickly.  But today is our day to post our project for the challenge your stash group on splitcoaststampers.  Our hostess today is Jennifer Lewis and her challenge theme for us is "I have a dream".  Well I pulled out a couple of stamps that I have been wanting to use and came up with this card.

The butterflies are from a Stampin Up Stamp and matching die set from Floating and Fluttering.  I stamped the butterflies first and then used the matching die to cut them out.  The Cutout on the inside is also with that die set along with the border stamp around the sentiment.  The sentiment is from Wise Women by The Project Bin.  

A few things I would of done different would be to leave the orange border on and stamp the sentiment on it without cutting the center out.  The white seems too dramatic.  I also would of pop dotted the butterflies so the would stand out a little more.  Oh well that will be my next card.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks To Jennifer for a great challenge this month.


4 comments:

Margaret said...

I loved your card. I raise Monarch butterflies, so they are very dear to my heart and I'd love to see this many flying around my yard. They will be back on their migration north soon and I'll be seeing more of them.

Jennifer Lewis said...

I love this dreamy card with all the butterflies and a perfect sentiment! Beautiful! I agree it would have been even better if the butterflies were popped up!

Anonymous said...

you know I love me a butterfly card! so cute Jen

Anonymous said...

I love butterflies so much! Jen W

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...