Background

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Crafters of Faith

Today is reveal day for our "Crafters of Faith" group over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Our challenge today was from Vickie and she chose 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks is all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I was at a crop recently and a friend gave me a bible she had bought at a garage sale.  I am calling it my trial bible because I still have trouble coloring in my pretty bible.  I believe it goes back to when I was in school and my mother told me "don't write in your books".

So I went to the page of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and first covered my page with clear gesso.  I traced the hands on to the page and then made a mask over the hands so I could stamp the sun rays.  I then colored the hands with my copic markers and stamped pray on to my page.

I am so glad I tried this out on my "trial" bible because I would do a few things different.  I would gesso the whole page.  Since the pages are so thin, I tore it a bit when pulling the tape up.  Also I would not use a pencil to trace the pattern on.  Did not work well with my copics.  

2 comments:

Jenny Wyman said...

I think it looks great!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, this BAJ page is beautiful! I love the praying hands... very nicely done!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...