Background

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Inky Paws Challenge

 I am a big fan of Newtons Nook Designs.  Their stamps are just the cutest and are always my go to stamp when I am looking to make a card.   I wanted to make a card for the Inky Paws Challenge this week.  The challenge this week is a color challenge and these colors are one of my favorite combinations.

For my card today I wanted to try something a little different.  I have seen on other cards where they actually use their copic markers to color the background.
I used the stamp set Peony Blooms for my card.  I started this card by stamping the image on each corner with my Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink and used clear embossing powder on top of the black ink.  This gives it a raised effect and makes it easier to color in the lines.  The sentiment I stamped and fussy cut out.  
These were the copic colors I used on my card.  I sure used alot of ink coloring the background.  It also gives a different look to it.  I want to try black next time and really make the image pop.  I used a white gel pen to highlight the lighter parts of the flower.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  I sure had fun giving a different technique a try.






5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, this is gorgeous! The colors are fabulous together.

Amy said...

Your card is beautiful and your coloring is gorgeous!! I love that you colored your background with Copics. It came out great! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!!

2sistersproject said...

Such a lovely take on the Inky Paw's Challenge. Great coloring!
Hugs
Diane

sue t. said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

Indy's Designs said...

Such pretty flowers and lovely card! Great way to use the Inky Paws Challenge colors!
Hugs,
Debbie

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...