Background

Monday, August 28, 2017

Challenge Your Stash

Well it is time again for Challenge Your Stash.  This is a group I participate in with Splitcoast Stampers.  It is such a fun challenge because I get to use what I have.  And we all know I would never need to go to another craft store in my life and still have plenty of supplies to make any card.  This months challenge was to make your own background.  We were not allowed to use any designer paper.  Guess that means I won't be dipping in to my paper stash.  But this is one of my favorite challenges because I love making my own backgrounds.
 I started by stamping the flower with Archivers Black Ink on Watercolor paper and then using a clear embossing powder to make the black lines stand up a bit.  The stamp set I used was "You've Got This" by Stampin Up.  The sentiment is also from that stamp set.  I then masked around the edges with tape and started sponging around the edges inside the box.  I used Distress Inks Wild Honey and Gathered Twig.  With the tape still on there, I stamped a few background stamps with Soft Suede Ink.  These were from Gorgeous Grunge and Timeless Textures from Stampin Up.

So thanks to Darlene for a great challenge.  I loved it. 

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! Lovely flower and fabulous background!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...