Background

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dueling Darlings

I have recently joined some very talented ladies through Splitcoast Stampers in a group called Dueling Darlings.  I always love a challenge.  Each month two gals pick a theme for their card kit.  This month, our hostesses were Kelly and Jeanette and they chose their theme as "Tutti Fruity".  They chose an adorable image by Penny Black called "Hedgy Gift".  The sentiment inside the card is "Apples Are Dangerous" by Riley.  Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the inside of my card.  Sentiment was perfect for this image. 

Another part of the challenge was to share a favorite Tutti Fruity recipe.  So I am going to share one of my favorite fruit recipes.

Fruit Pizza
2 Cups Yellow Cake Mix
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Water
1 cup chopped Pecans
2 Tbsp Melted Butter

Mix all together and spread on small cookie sheet.  Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool completely.  Mix the following ingredients and layer on the cooled cookie. 

1 cup powdered sugar
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup cool whip

Sprinkle assorted fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, bananas, Mandarine oranges) on top of cream cheese mixture.  If you like coconut you can sprinkle coconut on top of that.  I have doubled this recipe and will fit nicely on a large cookie sheet.  Hope you enjoy this recipe.

I just love this image.  Thanks Kelly and Jeanette for a great challenge.
 

8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, first - WELCOME to the Dueling Darlings! I'm so glad you've joined us!!! And I'm really glad you're a Dazzler. ;)

Now about your card...... WOW! Could you have made it any more darling? I certainly don't think so. It is just way too cute!

I have to confess to a bit of drooling. BTW, I tried to use that elasticized ribbon on my card and just couldn't make it work (sheeh! who sent that stuff anyway???) But look at you - a burst of color made with it. Love it!

MiamiKel said...

Tracie, welcome to the wonderful DDD group! I'm thrilled to pieces that you are joining us :)

Your card is amazing! Love the bright bold coloring, it just stands right out with such a great focal point! fun card design and just is so cheerful ♥

Your recipe sounds delish, too!

Barb said...

First--I knew I liked you--fruit pizza! You will see when you go to my blog.......

Welcome to the team and I know you will have a blast every month. I love your card and the colors just pop off of the card. Great Job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- your sketch is great and your coloring is wonderful! The pop of colors is lovely! Love your ribbon rosette w/the button center as well. Fun group- I am new too and had a blast with the kit : ) Love your recipe- sounds like one my family may devour!

Judy McMullen said...

Tracie, your first Dueling Darling card is just a delight! Love the design and how you used the dsp panels to highlight this super cute and beautifully colored image. The ribbon rosette with the apple button is just the perfect embellishment! Oh, that Fruit Pizza recipe sounds delish, something my teammate Barb is sure to enjoy! So very glad you are part of the Dueling Darlings!!!

Carol W said...

WELCOME Tracie....so glad you are joining us, and what a way to start. I love your layout, coloring and the way you used the kit. The gingham flower in the corner is perfect as well as the 3 pearls...You did an amazing job with your kit. Am looking forward to future dueling with you....

:: BlueInks :: said...

Welcome to the group! So glad you are with us. This card has a great layout. I love how you colored the basket! Cute card.

dweatter said...

I love, love, love the layout and layers. What a great card. The apple button embellishment with the ribbon behind it is so clever. Welcome to the club!

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...