Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

Paper Fashions Etc Project

Today I start my journey on the Design Team for Paper Fashions Etc. I am excited to be part of this team because I feel it will challenge me to try new things. Paper Fashions Etc. is also locally owned and I am always happy to be part of our local community.

My project today is a tea bag holder. I always like having these around to give as little gifts.
I decided to use the mug from the Friends Forever stamp set. I printed the mug on white cardstock and colored in the mug, flower in the center and leaves. I also printed the mug on Stampin Up Designer Paper "Spice Cake" and then cut the top and bottom out and pieced on top of the mug. I also used the sentiment "Friendship begins with a cup of Kindness" and cut it out using my SU scallop oval punch.
I started with a piece of brown cardstock cut 3 1/4" x 9 3/4". I then scored it at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2" inches. I then cut down the center of one end to make my pocket for the teabag.
I then took a 3 inch square piece of designer paper and cut in half diagonally. I then used a decorative border punch for the edge.

I put some score tape along the bottom of the triangle piece to hold in the tea bag. I also added score tape along the back center for ribbon.
I then folded over the cut edge and added the decorative designer paper traingle.
For the outside of the holder, I added a 12 inch piece of ribbon and then placed a 3" x 3" square piece of designer paper that I had trimmed the corners on.

I then finalized the holder by placing the pieces on the front. I used some pop dots on the back of the mug to have it stand out. I also added some pearls on the corners for bling. I hope you enjoyed my first project for Paper Fashions Etc. Be sure and check out all the neat digital stamps that they have. I am finding that it is endless with digital images and what you can do with them. Be sure and check back next Tuesday because I will have another fun project.

2 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Great project and tutorial Tracie. Love the colors you used and the paper piecing looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

I love this!! Love the colors and I think these do make great gifts. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
Hugs..Debra

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...