Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger

This challenge at Moxie Fab World sure brings back memories for me.

Just seeing this picture reminds me of my childhood. One of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was to crochet. My grandma taught me using a wooden crochet hook and plastic bread sacks. I thought I was something when I made a rug to put on the floor. It didn't matter to me or my mom that it was all bread sacks, we still loved it. When I decided to try my hand at yarn, I made an afghan just like the one in the picture above except I used all bright colors with black borders. I still wonder what ever happened to that afghan.
Media buffer
Well here is the card that I made from the inspiration photo above. I used the Stampin Up Circle Circus stamp set to make my background. The ribbon is the new color pool party which I just love to use. The other colors I stamped with were Pear pizzaz, Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush. Hope you enjoy the card. I sure enjoyed going down memory lane.

6 comments:

Amy* said...

What a fantastic background you've made! I thought it was patterned paper which would have been equally fab but the fact that you created the background yourself brings this card to a whole new level of awesome!

Oliva said...

Wow! Love the colors and stamp images! I also made a granny square afghan with funky colors and black edging!!!

Imke said...

Tracie, these colors are fabulous and your selfmade DP looks super great !!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story of crocheting! Pictures like this just evoke that type of sentimentality in me, too. Just so beautiful! Love your card, too! You build a great pattern with the circles set!

Marlena M. said...

I love this. The circles are wonderful and the layout extraordinary! ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tracie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...