Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Corrosive Challenge #125

What a wonderful challenge I found at The Corrosive Challenge Blog. The theme was to make creations about music. I had found an old torn up music book at an antique store and isn't it amazing that everything old has potential for something new. So I made this card using a part of the music sheet. The stamp I used for the little girl is called Pure Innocence from My Favorite Things. The music notes were dies that came from My Favorite Things Also.
I am dedicating this card to my sister Debbi who has always been a lover of music. We all took piano lessons when we were young but it actually stuck with her. I still like to listen to all kinds of music. What a great challenge this was.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is really darling Tracie. Love her pieced dress. The old music book is such a good idea, love the look it gives your card!

Imke said...

Tracie, this is really lovely. I definetely like your layout. The note Paper is a great accent. AND this sweet little girl in her paper pieced dress...very sweet !!

Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge this week !!

Angela said...

Adorable! Love how you have used the music paper and the note diecuts...so pretty!

Regan said...

So cute, Tracie! The old sheet music book is a wonderful idea, and the paper pieced dress is super sweet! Love the layout too! Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan ~ Design Team

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) Super cute image and I love the music notes. Thank you for joining us over at Corrosive this week;0)

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is beautiful! Thanks very much for playing along with us at Corrosive this week :D

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...