Background

Friday, September 15, 2023

Creative Crew

 This month's challenge for our creative crew bunch comes from Jeanette.  I really had to think hard on this challenge.  The September Theme is A Die that's Not a Die.  She sent me a large stitched scallop border die.  I really had to really use my thinking cap as to how I could use it in some other way than as a traditional die.

My first attempt was to make a card and use it as a border.  I cut out one side and then reversed it and cut out the other side.  You can see below the blue border I came up with using this technique.


I really wasn't happy with my card because I still used it as a border die.  So my next card was to cut out the die and then use it as a stencil.  I stenciled some waves with SU Marina Mist Ink and then reversed it and stenciled some clouds using SU Pool Party Ink.
So these were the 2 cards I came up with.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the team came up with.  If you click on the links below, you will find each team members take on this challenge.

Barb

Carol

Darlene

Jeanette 

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry

Tracie - That's Me

Thanks to Jeanette for this great challenge.





4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, both of your cards are amazing! Of course, I like that you stretched yourself on card #2 by not using it as a cutting die, but rather as a cloud stencil. Well done!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Great cards, Tracie! I really like both of them. It's so cool that you have a totally different look using it to stencil waves and then clouds! Great job!

Carol W said...

Great job Tracie on both cards. You did an awesome job with this challenge. Way to go.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

PIP Challenge #2417

Well I'm not sure where the month of April went but it looks like we are bringing it to an end.  I am loving all the flowers in bloom.  ...