Background

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Dueling Darlings

I am so excited about my cards today.  The Dueling Darlings on Splitcoaststampers has a monthly challenge and I loved what Terry and Terry has come up with this month.

The theme this month is bees.  Did you know that the greatest threat to bees in North America today is Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD)?  This is where entire hive of bees suddenly disappear.  In the early 2000s there was a sharp increase, especially in North American.  There is still uncertainty about the cause or causes of CCD;  disease, mites, increased use of neonicotinoid pesticides and fungal infections are all possibilities.  There are often multiple stressors, none of which is lethal enough by itself, but the combination is too much for the bees.

The annual failure rate of honeybee colonies averages around 30% in North America.  Honeybee losses are potentially devastating economically since bee pollination is vital to at least one-third of crops worldwide.  So in honor of our honeybees, I have made 3 cards with my kit.






I used the following in making my cards.
Hero Arts "Busy as a Bee" colored with copic markers
Designer Paper from The Paper Studio
SU Hexagon Hive die
SU Hexagons Dynamic on vellum sponged with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide
The paper Studio gold doily
Several embellishments

Thanks to Terry and Terry for making us aware of the honeybees plight and offering up a great challenge this month.

11 comments:

Imke Ludwig said...

Great bunch of cards, Tracie AND Bee´s are so important for the world !

MiamiKel said...

Tracie, I adore your post today - with it's trio of beautiful cards, each one so unique and wonderful! And your wealth of information about the bees! I was a little aware of the plight but you certainly shed more light - we can hope and pray! Meanwhile, your cards are just gorgeous!

terry serman said...

These bees are really cute. Love the hexagon plate...now on my wishlist! Great job with the kit!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful use of the kit- 3 cards! All great! I just love the vellum in our kits- such a cool embellishment! Yes, the info included about the plight of bees was very informative and sad at the same time. I hope as more people are aware, the bees with continue to thrive!

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card! Nicely done!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Look at you, Tracie! Three awesome cards from the Bees kit. I love each and every one of them. You are so talented!

Barb said...

These are so cute--bee-autiful!!!!!!!! I love the designs and the layouts are sweet!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Tracie, What great cards. I love them all. You really did a great job with your kit. I am so impressed with your creativity...great job.

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow Tracie...3 cards? And they are all adorable!

Joanna M. said...

Oh my gosh .... ALL the cards are adorable and colored beautifully! Love them.

:: BlueInks :: said...

THREE cards?! Oh my. You are one to keep up with! How you colored those beehives....amazing! Great job this round.

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...